Sustainable Australia | Policies
An independent community party from the sensible centre, we have a positive plan to secure an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia. To meet our aims, we have developed a comprehensive policy platform, including four major policy priorities:
With a sustainable environment and significantly reduced population growth pressures, you can simultaneously achieve affordable housing (due to less demand) and better planning (to stop overdevelopment)...
Economically, this would also help to achieve secure jobs via a more diverse economy. Why? We'd be transferring much more of our scarce economic (over)investment away from housing speculation, back into our factories, farms and small businesses.
Importantly, economic diversity is our strength.
Video - 'Big 4' Policy summary
> Some policy highlights
- Increase environment and conservation management funding and employment, including for water security, biodiversity and climate change
- Return real town and urban planning powers to local communities, including for the delivery of new local community infrastructure before more housing
- Properly protect animal habitats from housing developments and land clearing
- Better invest in education and skills training for local workers
- Stop further tax concessions (NG and CGT) for housing speculation
- Stop further (majority) foreign ownership of Australian housing, land and natural resources
- Re-diversify our economy to create more secure jobs - by re-allocating economic capital away from over-investment in housing and property speculation - back into our factories, farms and small businesses
- Review and renegotiate all trade agreements to ensure fair trade with a level playing field
- Stop further privatisation of natural monopolies including major airports, shipping ports and transport infrastructure
- Stop overpopulation locally and globally, including by lowering immigration to Australia from a record 200,000+p.a. back to the long-term average of 70,000, and increasing foreign aid to support female education (particularly in our region)
- Develop greater employment opportunities and cultural recognition for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Establish an independent federal commission against corruption
- Enable citizen-initiated referenda (plebiscites) to give the people a proper say on important issues including euthanasia, republic, etc
In summary - an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia. A nation that is democratically governed for the people, not vested interests. Full details below.
If you largely agree, please join.
National policy platform (20+ sections):
Our policy priorities, and much more, are detailed in our broad policy platform below.
For issues outside of our policy platform, see statement at the bottom of the page.
STATEMENT REGARDING ISSUES OUTSIDE OF OUR POLICY PLATFORM:
As a minor party with limited resources, we do not have policies on everything. Issues outside of our policy platform would be addressed if elected, in an evidence-based way with appropriate stakeholder engagement.
We rely on the support of people like you to fight for a sustainable Australia. If you can make a donation to support our campaigns, please click below.
Authorised by William Bourke for Sustainable Australia, Sydney, NSW.