Sustainable Australia | Policies
An independent party from the common-sense political centre, we have a positive plan to secure an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia. To meet our aims, we have developed a comprehensive policy platform, including four major policy priorities:
> Secure #jobs in a more diverse economy
- How? Better invest in education and skills training for local workers; Re-allocate our scarce economic capital (away from property speculation and back into manufacturing, agriculture, small business entrepreneurship, etc); A simpler, fairer tax system; Rebuild the regions; Fair trade with a level playing field; Australian ownership and management of utilities, land and resources; & more.
> Affordable #housing for first home buyers and renters
- How? Tax reform (end CGT/NG concessions); End foreign purchases; Lower immigration; & more.
> Better #planning to save our cities, suburbs and towns from overdevelopment
- How? Independent localised community development decisions and plans; Better public transport; Preserve or plant corridors of biodiversity; Prioritise ecological design in housing; & more.
> Sustainable #environment and population
- How? Transition to renewable energy; Moratorium on all fracking and CSG; Increase conservation management funding; Enhance biodiversity and native species programs; Protect animal habitats from housing and farming land clearing; Minimise factory farming; Slow population growth (so all of the above isn't undermined); & more.
> Other policy highlights
- Moratorium on all fracking
- No new casinos
- Stop undemocratic privatisation
- Higher animal welfare standards
- Stronger national biodiversity plan
- Greater employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Invest more in renewable energy
- Save our backyards from developers
- Establish major community product repair and recycle centres
- Prioritise public transport funding over new tollways
- Review and renegotiate all trade agreements
- Establish an independent Federal commission against corruption
- Require more timely disclosure of political donations
- Lower immigration from its record level (over 200,000 p.a.) back to the long term average of 70,000 p.a.
- Tackle global population growth through increased foreign aid for female education and universal access to contraception
- Enable citizen initiated referenda or plebiscites to give the people a proper say on important issues like euthanasia, immigration, marriage definition, abortion, republic, etc
In summary - an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia. A nation that is democratically governed for the people, not vested interests and vocal minorities.
National policy platform (20+ sections):
Our policy priorities (and much more) are detailed within our comprehensive policy platform below. Issues outside of our broad policy platform are addressed on merit based on evidence and proper stakeholder engagement, if/when elected.