Better protect and support the most vulnerable Australians, while prioritising fairness and lowering levels of wealth inequality.
Policy Methods (Federal & State)
To help achieve this Sustainable Australia Party will:
- Properly measure unemployment and underemployment (also see Job Guarantee policy)
- Provide adequate income to help prevent people from living below the poverty line, including a simplified and standardised welfare payment of approximately $26,000 per annum, or approximately $500 per week(1), for:
- A universal age pension from the age of 65
- Disability support pension
- Provide universal healthcare, including free basic dental care (also see Health policy)
- Manage the NDIS with efficiency and priority for Australia’s high-needs individuals and families (also see Health policy)
- Increase investment in public housing (also see Housing Affordability policy)
- Develop better quality aged, community and home care facilities and standards (also see Ageing policy)
- As of, and indexed from, 2021. Most relative poverty estimates would put the single adult poverty line at around $800 to $1,000 per fortnight.