Which candidates are running in current elections? See 'Elections' under the main menu.
Sustainable Australia Party is an independent community movement from the political centre, with a positive plan for an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia. We believe in a science and evidence-based approach to policy - not a left or right wing ideology.
Sustainable Australia Party contests local, state and federal elections.
Successful candidates must be a member of our party and demonstrate:
- A commitment to our party core values: CLICK HERE
- An understanding of our key messages and policy platform: CLICK HERE
We also regard the following criteria as relevant and helpful:
- A positive and constructive attitude
- The ability to work well in a team
- A record of integrity and reliability
- Strong interpersonal and public communication skills
- A good understanding of party policies
- A demonstrated commitment to the party, including some involvement in local campaign activities
- The skills and desire to communicate SAP's key messages
- Residence in, or a connection to, the electorate
- Some broader community involvement and/or profile
- Fundraising capacity including nomination fees
To express interest in candidature, please contact us by email through our website 'Contact Us' page (link at bottom).
Expression of interest
In your initial contact, please nominate your local, state and/or Federal electorate preference(s) and summarise in around 100 words why you would be an appropriate candidate to represent Sustainable Australia Party. This initial review with our follow-up communication will determine whether you will progress to receiving our official application form.
You must be a member of our party (and no other party) before receiving the application form. Join here.
Contributions to costs
Depending on the election (or by-election) SAP may require funding from candidates to help cover costs, including nomination fees. Contributions will differ depending on the election, nomination fee and the level of campaign support and materials requested by the candidate. If you are a 'passive' candidate we still ask that you make a tax-deductible donation for the nomination fee.
Candidates that achieve a primary vote of 4 per cent or more can have their nomination fee refunded.
100 word nomination EOI
Nominate yourself via an 'expression of interest' through the Contact Us page: CLICK HERE