To find SAP candidates running in any in current election(s), see 'Elections' under the main menu.
Introduction to SAP
Sustainable Australia Party is an independent community movement from the political centre, with a positive plan for an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia. We believe in a science and evidence-based approach to policy - not a left or right wing ideology.
Sustainable Australia Party contests local, state and federal elections - and is campaigning to:
- Protect our environment
- Stop overdevelopment
- Stop corruption
And much more...
Successful candidates must be a member of our party and demonstrate:
We also regard the following criteria as relevant and helpful:
- A positive and constructive attitude
- The ability to work well in a team
- A record of integrity and reliability
- Strong interpersonal and public communication skills
- A good understanding of party policies
- A demonstrated commitment to the party, including some involvement in local campaign activities
- The skills and desire to communicate SAP's key messages
- Residence in, or a connection to, the electorate
- Some broader community involvement and/or profile
- Fundraising capacity including nomination fees
Expression of interest
Send your EOI through the Contact page.
In your contact, please:
- Write 'Candidature EOI'
- Nominate your local, state and/or federal electorate preference(s) - including Lower and/or Upper House
- Summarise in around 100 words why you would be an appropriate candidate to represent Sustainable Australia Party.
This initial review, along with our follow-up communication, will determine whether you will progress to receiving our official application form.
You must be a current member of our party - and no other party - to receive the application form.
Contributions to costs
Depending on the election (or by-election) SAP may require funding from candidates to help cover costs, particularly nomination fees. Contributions will differ depending on the election, nomination fee and the level of campaign support and materials requested by the candidate. If you are a 'passive' candidate we still ask that you make a tax-deductible donation for the nomination fee. Candidates that achieve a primary vote of 4 per cent or more can choose to have their nomination fee refunded.