Which candidates are running? See 'Elections' under the main menu.
Sustainable Australia is an independent community party from the sensible centre, with a positive agenda to secure an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia.
To meet our aims, we have developed a comprehensive policy platform, including the following policy priorities:
- A sustainable environment and population
- Better planning to stop overdevelopment
- Affordable housing for first home buyers and renters
- Secure jobs via a more diverse economy
Sustainable Australia Party contests local, state and federal elections.
Successful candidates must be a member of our party and demonstrate:
- A commitment to our party core values: CLICK HERE
- A full understanding of our key messages and current (20+) policy suite: CLICK HERE
We also regard the following criteria as relevant:
- A demonstrated commitment to the party, including involvement in our grassroots campaign activities through local branches
- A full understanding of our policies, particularly our four key policy priorities
- Strong interpersonal and public communication skills
- The ability and discipline to communicate our key messages
- Local, state and/or national community involvement and/or profile
- Residence in, and/or a strong connection to, the electorate
- A positive and constructive attitude
- Ability to work well in a team
- A record of integrity and reliability
- Fundraising capacity including nomination fees
To express interest in candidature, please contact us by email through our website 'Contact Us' page (link at bottom).
Expression of interest
In your initial contact, please nominate your local, state and/or Federal electorate preference(s) and summarise in under 200 words why you would be an appropriate candidate to represent Sustainable Australia Party. This initial review with our follow-up communication will determine whether you will progress to receiving our official application form.
You must be a member of our party (and no other party) before receiving the application form. Join here.
Contributions to costs
Minor parties require funding from candidates to help cover costs (Note: Some minor parties charge $1000 application fee and $20,000 (minimum) in campaign costs).
Candidates are expected to contribute financially as follows:
- Candidate application fee - $250
- Election campaign contribution - $3,000+ (including application fee) covers the generic package including standard letterbox flyers, corflute signs, t-shirts, how to vote cards, basic media training, nomination fee and HQ liaison throughout the campaign. Personalised campaign package including candidate-specific flyers and signage will be $5,000-$20,000, depending on quantities required.
Candidates that achieve a primary vote of 4 per cent or more can have their nomination fee refunded.
Fundraising is an important political skill. Potential candidates can either self-fund, or seek funding online ('go fund me' website, social media, etc), family, friends, etc.
200 word nomination EOI
Nominate yourself via an 'expression of interest' through the Contact Us page: CLICK HERE