Better provide for the security of Australia's citizens and community, while improving our justice system.
Policy Methods (Federal & State)
To help achieve this Sustainable Australia Party will:
- Better prevent and respond to domestic violence through increased funding for early intervention and education programs, frontline services, emergency accommodation and legal services
- Better address mental health problems through the health system (also see Health policy)
- Promote policies to reduce recidivism and increase restorative justice practices, including prioritising the rehabilitation of those in jail through counseling and retraining
- Increase police recruitment and resources in order to better protect our communities and properly cater for population growth
- Provide appropriate legislative power and resources to detect and prevent terrorist attacks before they occur
- Adopt strong counter-radicalisation strategies, to help prevent political and religious extremism
- Prevent firearm violence, including via best practice firearms registration systems(1)
- SAP has no plans to change gun laws. Relevant legislation would be addressed on its merits if elected, in an evidence-based way after careful stakeholder engagement.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter here.