Sustainable Australia | Policies
Established in 2010 from the political centre, we have a positive plan to secure an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia.
To meet our aims, we have developed a comprehensive policy platform, detailed below.
This includes four major policy priorities:
> Secure #jobs in a more diverse economy
- How? Better invest in education and skills training for local workers; Re-allocate our scarce economic capital (away from property speculation and back into manufacturing, agriculture, small business entrepreneurship, etc); A simpler, fairer tax system; Rebuild the regions; Fair trade with a level playing field; Australian ownership and management of utilities, land and resources; & more.
> Affordable #housing for first home buyers and renters
- How? Tax reform (end CGT/NG concessions); End foreign purchases; Lower immigration; & more.
> Better #planning to save our cities, suburbs and towns from overdevelopment
- How? Independent localised community development decisions and plans; Better public transport; Preserve or plant corridors of biodiversity; Prioritise ecological design in housing; & more.
> Sustainable #environment and population
- How? Transition to a predominantly renewable energy supply; Moratorium on all fracking; Increase conservation management funding; Enhance biodiversity and native species programs; Protect animal habitats from housing and farming land clearing; Minimise factory farming; Slow population growth (so all of the above isn't undermined); & more.
> Other policy highlights
- Moratorium on all fracking
- No new casinos
- Stop undemocratic privatisation
- Higher animal welfare standards
- Stronger national biodiversity plan
- Greater employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Invest more in renewable energy
- Save our backyards from developers
- Establish major community product repair and recycle centres
- Prioritise public transport funding over new tollways
- Review and renegotiate all trade agreements
- Establish an independent Federal commission against corruption
- Require more timely disclosure of political donations
- Lower immigration from its record level (over 200,000 p.a.) back to the long term average of 70,000 p.a.
- Tackle global population growth through increased foreign aid for female education and universal access to contraception
- Enable citizen initiated referenda or plebiscites to give the people a proper say on important issues like euthanasia, immigration, marriage definition, abortion, republic, etc
In summary - an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia. A nation that is democratically governed for the people, not vested interests and vocal minorities. Join today.
National policy platform (24 sections):
Our policy priorities (and much more) are detailed within our comprehensive policy platform below. Issues outside of our comprehensive policy platform are addressed on merit, if elected.