Joy Angel for Eden-Monaro - Sustainable Australia Party
Joy Angel was born in Lockhart in regional NSW and grew up in a farming family. Her father was a returned WW2 serviceman who became a farmer in Coleambally. Being a farmer’s daughter, Joy loves the country life and has a real connection to the land.
A mother of three children, Joy is currently an office manager in a small business law firm. Her extensive work experience also includes banking in Albury and a 25 year career in the Commonwealth public service, with roles in procurement, health and defence.
Joy has a track record of supporting her community. She volunteers with her local Community Fire Unit and school reading programs in several local primary schools. She also enjoys singing with the Sing Australia choir at events on Anzac Day, Australia Day and Christmas time at hospitals, aged care facilities and shopping centres.
Joy ran as a Senate candidate for Sustainable Australia in the 2019 federal election. She lives and works within the Eden-Monaro electorate – in Australia's Bush Capital, Canberra.
Joy believes that the Eden-Monaro by-election offers voters an opportunity to send a message to the two major parties that we’re not happy with business as usual politics - including rampant overdevelopment and systemic political corruption.
In Eden-Monaro, Joy and Sustainable Australia Party are campaigning to:
- Stop overdevelopment of sprawl and high-rise apartments, particularly in and around our coastal towns and Queanbeyan
- Stop corruption in politics, including removing the unfair influence of vested interests such as property developers and big business, introducing a federal anti-corruption commission and greater transparency around political lobbying
- Introduce an environmental job guarantee and further develop land stewardship funds to support relevant farmers and rural landowners to help manage biodiversity values on their properties
- Take action on climate change including more investment in renewable energy and the phasing out of fossil fuel subsidies for big companies
- Promote a sustainable population policy for Australia based on environmental science
- Stop foreign ownership of our farms, housing and land
The full SAP policy platform can be found here:
If you'd like to donate to Joy's campaign, click here.
If you'd like to letterbox or hand out HTV cards, click here and mention 'Joy Angel' in your comment.
Also, see polling places below...
If you'd like to contact Joy click here or email:
eden-monaro @ sustainableaustralia.org.au
Sustainable Australia is an independent community party from the sensible centre. We believe in an evidence-based approach to policy - not a left or right ideology.
As an independent community party, after you Vote 1 for Sustainable Australia Party, we prefer that YOU decide where to direct your own preferences.
Remember, if you vote 1 Sustainable Australia and we don't win, your vote flows on at full value to the next party you choose - e.g. a major party - so you cannot waste your vote by voting for a minor party. Voting for a minor party is the only way to send a clear message that you are not happy with the major parties!
Polling place volunteering
Pre-polling - 15 June to 3 July
Polling day - 4 July
Important: Volunteer and voting centre behaviour guidelines HERE
Can you help?
Early Voting Centres
- Canberra City
- Queanbeyan (x2)
Election day Voting Centres
Details (see 'Where can I vote on by-election day?)':