ABORIGINAL & TORRES STRAIT ISLANDERS
Improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.(1)
Policy Methods (Federal & State)
To help achieve this Sustainable Australia Party will:
- Properly resource, benchmark and report on its national 'Closing the Gap' targets, relating to life expectancy, infant mortality, early childhood development, education and employment.
- Provide greater employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, including those that facilitate an ongoing relationship with the land and natural environment.(2)
- More rigorously protect and recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and culture.
- We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Australians and Traditional Custodians of the lands where we live, learn, and work.
- Examples would be via more prominent resourcing of an enhanced national 'sustainability army' (see ENVIRONMENT policy) and job guarantee programs in conservation land management (see JOBS & ECONOMY).
Sign up to our eNewsletter today: CLICK HERE