Established as an independent party from the common-sense political centre, we aim to secure an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia.
To meet our aims, we have developed a comprehensive policy platform, including the following policy priorities:
- Secure jobs
- Affordable housing
- Better planning
- A sustainable environment and population
We are federally registered (for federal elections and by-elections), and also registered for State/Territory elections in the ACT and NSW. In 2018 we will register for VIC State elections, followed by other states in 2019+.
Successful candidates must be federal members of our party and demonstrate:
- A commitment to our party core values: CLICK HERE
- A full understanding of our key messages and current (20+) policy suite: CLICK HERE
We also regard the following criteria as relevant:
- A demonstrated commitment to the party, including involvement in our grassroots activities and a full understanding of policies
- Strong interpersonal and public communication skills
- The ability and discipline to communicate our key messages
- Local, state and/or national community involvement and profile
- Residence in, and/or a strong connection to, the electorate
- A positive and constructive attitude
- Ability to work well in a team
- A record of integrity and reliability
- Fundraising capacity including nomination fees
To express interest in candidature, please contact us by email through our website. In your initial contact, please nominate your State and Federal electorate and summarise in under 100 words why you would be an appropriate candidate to represent Sustainable Australia. We will review and advise whether you will progress to receiving the official application form.
Remember, you must be a member of our party (and no other party) before applying. Join here.
Minor parties require funding from candidates to help cover costs. Some minor parties charge $1000 application fee and $20,000 in campaign costs.
Candidates are expected to contribute financially as follows:
- Membership application fee - $250
- Election nomination fees (e.g. $1000 for federal election lower house seat, $100-$500 for State/Territory lower house seats)
- Campaign costs (minimum $1,500 for a basic package including design, printing, flyers, signage, t-shirts)
Fundraising is an important political skill. Potential candidates can either self-fund or seek funding via 'go fund me', social media, family, friends, etc.
Candidates that achieve a primary vote of 4 per cent or more will have their contribution refunded.
Contact Us: CLICK HERE